Timber decking at Decking Wollongong
Decking Wollongong has been manufacturing and supplying timber decking and other decking services in Wollongong for many years. We have the team and skills to help you choose the suitable decking for your home. At Decking Wollongong, we have a wide range of design ideas. Our staff have many years of experience in the industry, so whether it is a small or large backyard decking project, no job is too big or small! Our aim is to provide our customers with decking solutions that help them realize their dreams of outdoor living. The decking shed designs are custom built to your specifications. All our decks are designed by professional architects who are qualified and experienced in their field. We offer a variety of designs that are perfect for any outdoor area, including balconies, terraces and pool areas.
What are the benefits of timber decking?
Timber decking has endless benefits. This type of decking has some advantages compared to other types of decking;
- Timber decking offers strength, durability and good looks.
- Timber can be shaped in many ways, so you can create your unique decking design to suit your personal needs.
- Timber decking is a great way to add value to your home.
- Timber is great for the environment, becoming more abundant as it grows.
- It can be installed very quickly, so you can enjoy your new deck soon.
- Decking made from timber is also much easier to maintain than other types of decking.
- Changing the colour of your deck is quick and easy, so if you fancy something different in future, all you need to do is give us a call.
How to install and maintain a timber deck
Installing a timber deck is very easy. Though it needs to be installed by a professional who understands the engineering and installation of timber decks, you can still do some preparation before hiring any services. Here are the steps that you need to remember when planning for your own deck building project.
- Prepare the site- First of all, you will need to find a flat surface free from any obstructions like rocks or electric cables. You should ensure that the area is protected from inclement weather.
- Choose your deck design- You will need to consider many factors that would affect the final outcome of the decking project, including budget and usage. For instance, you can go for tongue and groove planks to ensure that all boards align properly or opt for flat planks.
- You can choose between different timbers, styles (single or double), shapes, heights etc. Depending on the shape of your yard, we can make it fit perfectly for you!
Maintenance is also very easy because all you need to do is clean it with a water hose and a brush. If you want to use a timber oil or product, we can advise accordingly. Also, ensure that the wood is dry before applying any products.
Points to note when planning to install a timber deck
When planning out your design, it’s important that you consider how much space will be available in the future when designing where plants and benches go. It’s also important not to forget about safety when building a new deck – make sure there are railings installed, so people don’t fall off. You should also consider whether you want to be able to access the deck from inside your house or if it will be completely outside.
What kind of style would you like on your deck? This is very important as you’ll want to make sure the timber work complements the rest of your home’s design. There are different designs when it comes to timber decks that you can choose from. We have unique designs available, so please ask our deckers in Wollongong for more information. Here are some examples of the different design options like single timber decking designs or double timber decking designs.
What makes Decking Wollongong different?
At Decking Wollongong, we pride ourselves on offering our customers quality products at an affordable price, meaning that you get the same great services. Our services are available in many areas across Wollongong. Our timber decking is of the highest standards and will last for many more years to come. We also offer a range of other services such as fencing, outdoor entertaining areas and pergola construction. Wherever you are located, we can assist with all your landscaping needs! We offer our customers expert advice so they can make informed decisions about their project/s. We have many years of experience in the industry! Inspections are welcome from customers before and after the job has been completed to ensure that the job was performed to standards. We are very dedicated to customer satisfaction, so if something does not meet your expectations, please let us know so we can rectify the situation. We believe that clear communication is essential when building a relationship with our customers. We can design and build large or small decks, they can be freestanding or attached to your house, and we also have shed decking designs. We will work with you on the style and size of your deck, as well as what products will work best for you and your family.